Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for volunteers for a European Voluntary Service
“Media and Journalism”
Associazione Culturale Strauss is a nonprofit organization that was born in Mussomeli in 1999. It is a self-financed organization that is part of ARCI (Italian Cultural Recreational Association).
"Arci Strauss” has as main objectives the promotion of a multicultural and multi-ethnic society, the dissemination of culture and values of the European community in marginal and peripheral areas such as the province of Caltanissetta, and to support for young people.
Main mission of our organization is in fact to meet young people’s needs and provide them services for their social, professional, cultural and personal growing.
The project involves the active and participated support by volunteers in various areas related to the topic and some of the activities are developed in collaboration with centers for disabled people and disadvantaged youth:
- Creation, layout, printing and distribution of "L’ALTERnativo"; Periodical of local information and social protest; historic brand of Strauss;
- Investigative reporting and writing articles on " L’ALTERnativo";
- Journalism workshops conducted with the support of professionals;
- Preparation and management of the newsletter, the website and the Facebook page;
- Care of the "section of the EVS volunteer", on online local newspapers as "castelloincantato.it and magaze.it";
- Photo editing and Video Making activities;
- tours of photography; photo exhibitions.
Tutors will help volunteers in developing new competences related to their field of action.
Volunteer will be housed in the apartment upper the association’s office, of which Strauss is owner, thanks to an agreement with the Municipality of Mussomeli. The structure is part of the Palazzo Spinnato. The floor plan planned to host volunteers has 2 entrances, one internal and connected with the offices below, one independent. The “House of the Volunteer” is provided with 5 bedrooms, all with window, with a total area of 113 square meters, a kitchen of about 32 square meters, 2 areas for toilets and divided by gender for a total of about 38 square meters, a laundry room, a solarium and other common spaces for more than 150 square meters.