Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for volunteer for 1 European Voluntary Service placement called “VEEhYcLE 2g - Volunteer in Erasmus + as an Engine (for social inclusion) of Young peopLE” both for 12 months, which will take place from 1st September 2016 to 31st August 2017 in Olhão - Algarve, Portugal.
During the first weeks there will be some meetings to verify attitudes, interests and abilities of every volunteer and will introduce at the project’s activity, subsequently volunteer will begin the following activities:
- Support the development of activities for youngsters, which will involve the preparation of group dynamics, team building activities, cultural activities, sport activities, and others, always in articulation with the association's team;
- School support, where the volunteer will have the chance to have direct contact with children and organise several outside activities;
- Promotion of games and activities for youngsters during the school breaks;
- Work at the social living room of MOJU´s head offices, which are open for the children and youngsters from Monday to Sunday, where the volunteer can help in the organisation of the space, in the organisation of activities for the holidays related to special events, in the organisation of sports activities and in the creation of new activities, among others;
- Support in the international relationships, helping the team in the organization of International Trainings for cooperation of people from different nationalities in various subjects, Youth Work Camps, for the promotion of volunteerism in various subjects and International Training and Exchange Programs;
- Office support in the internal level, helping the team with administrative tasks, making contacts with international partners and helping to establish new partnerships.
The volunteers will be actively involved in all phases of developing projects for youth in the framework of Youth in Action programme including planning, implementing, direct work with youth and evaluating the activities such as campaigns and promotion, youth camps, seminars and trainings and youth exchanges. That means being in contact with our international partners, coordination of meetings with young project participants, leading the workshops (optionally) and even assisting in newsletter preparation. The volunteers will be active participants in the Association. Volunteer will help in the activities and projects that we develop on the different fields. They can participate in manifold tasks and can also lend a helping hand in the organization itself, where the tasks will depend on their interests and abilities. The volunteers will take part in the organization of the various cultural events and youth activities that we offer and will be partially in charge of them. The volunteers also should work with youngsters, developing activities for and with them.
Weekly Schedule: Voluntary service will be carried out on 5 days per week and the schedule will not exceed 30 hours per week. The timetable it's in the moorning at 10h00, stopped at 13h00, and it restarts in the afternoon at 15h00 until 18h00. In exceptional cases, because of participation in special initiatives, a service during evening or festival days can be requested. The weekend is free except those weekends when exhibition or other workshops will be hold. Activities during the weekend are organized very often and each working day during the weekends will be substituted by one weekly day off. The typical weekly Schedule can be modified depending on the volunteer interest, in agreement with the Host Organization.
Language Training: the Portuguese language training will be provided 3 hours a week.
Holidays: 2 days off per month are foreseen during the service. These days can be gathered and used all together or in different times.
The volunteer will have good quality food and accommodation, included in the project budget. The places where the volunteer will live have a kitchen that can be used. A monthly contribution will be given to every volunteer in the amount of 150 Euros. The volunteer will receive during his stay in Olhão, a monthly pocket money. The amount is stipulated by the Erasmus + Programme and is equal to 100 Euros. Total cash support is in the amount of 250 euros in total.
Accommodation: The volunteer will live in a furnished rented flat shared with other EVS Volunteers, very close from the office and not far from centre of the town. The flat contains all the necessary amenities and is divided in different rooms, kitchen and bathroom.
The Erasmus + Programme will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants (up to 530 euros). We will provide full health insurance for the volunteer during the voluntary period.
All the interested people should fill send the CV and Motivation Letter in English to email@example.com together with the application form that is included in the link above indication to each project you are applying for in your e-mail. Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f4fwz1ddqk9x2dv/AABB7FbeFsM2wa4HhjEymo4ja?dl=0
Application deadline: 15th June 2016
PS. Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts