Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Training Course called “Be YOURSELF – Pride for Youth” which will take place from 08th until 15th December 2016 in Shannon, Ireland.
The training course will be for youth organisations that want to support their LGBT* young people. It will provide an opportunity to explore deeper the participation of LGBT* young people in Europe, find project partners and improve LGBT* young people´s participation at local and international level. Organisations should be willing and able to implement Erasmus+ projects.
The objectives of the project are:
• To learn about the issues and challenges LGBT* young people face in their daily life
• To share knowledge, skills and experiences of LGBT* organisations already working on the ground with organisations new to this issue
• To explore new approaches in inclusive practices in relation to LGBT* issues
• To explore how to expand awareness about LGBT* among young people in own locality
• To share and implement this learning with their projects upon their return to their home country
• To plan and develop concrete Erasmus+ actions supporting LGBT* young people
The issues and needs we are seeking to address through this project are:
• Creating a deeper understanding of the challenges and obstacles for LGBT* young people.
• Exploring how discrimination impacts on the young people and ways to overcome this discrimination.
• Understanding the LGBT* reality of the partners involved in the project
• Giving a voice and support to many unheard young LGBT* people who struggle with their identity in a heterosexual society and to help prevent fear isolation and discrimination (through building and sharing skills/attitudes/knowledge)
• to equip youth organisations with the skills/attitudes/knowledge of how to become
This event will bring together 27 participants from Belarus, Romania, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Ukraine, Ireland, Italy, Estonia, Russia, Netherlands and Armenia. The event will be held in English. There are 2 vacancies available and participants should have minimum 18 years old.
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities and will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants – up to 275 euros. There will be a participation fee of 40 Eur. per participant.
All the interested people should fill the application form below. The application form must be sent to email@example.com
Application deadline: 4th October 2016
Application form here:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2ih0dub4f6e7ly7/6MkR-cKjsT
PS. Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts